Useful resources about the climate emergency
A living list of resources that I found helpful in understanding the climate emergency.
- How to Save a Planet (podcast)
- All We Can Save (essay anthology) - Ayana Elizabeth Johnson and Katharine K Wilkinson
- This Changes Everything, Naomi Klein (nonfiction book)
- The Ministry for the Future, Kim Stanley Robinson (novel)
- Braiding Sweetgrass, Robin Wall Kimmerer (nonfiction book)
- The Great Derangement, Amitav Ghosh (nonfiction book)
- The Kurzgesagt video series (search YouTube) - “Can YOU Fix Climate Change?”, “Is It Too Late To Stop Climate Change? Well, it’s Complicated.”, “Who is Responsible for Climate Change? - Who Needs to Fix it?” and "We WILL Fix Climate Change!"
- The YouTube channel Climate Town
- For South Africa, the Politically Aweh YouTube series, "Climate Change in South Africa: How Bad Can it Be?", "Why South Africa is a Climate Change Criminal" and "Can South Africans Fight the Next Apartheid: Climate Change"
- Our Planet, a Netflix series starring David Attenborough (documentary series)
- World101 (website)
- Global Oneness Project (a collection of lesson plans for all ages)
- En-roads (a tool for climate modelling)
Check out my interactive story Survive the Century to see if YOU can help the world survive the climate emergency.