A one-hour introduction to the basics of managing your money, now available for all paid subscribers.
You're going to earn plenty of money over your lifetime. Are you going to waste it on stuff that doesn't make you happy, or let it buy your freedom and your most audacious dreams?
This is the class about the basics of money that you wish you'd gotten when you were younger. Instead of attacking you with math and financy jargon, we'll focus on the three fundamentals that matter most:
In this lighthearted romp through the world of finances, we'll talk about practical questions like why budgets don't work, how to trick your brain into saving more money, and what the heck the stock market actually is. Ideal for young people at the start of their careers, or for anybody who wants to get back to basics and feel in control of their finances again.
Key topics we cover:
- Your 480 choices - getting out of the paycheque to paycheque mindset and thinking about your lifetime income and expenses as a whole.
- What are assets? What makes a good asset, or a bad asset?
- Practical ways to save money that really work.
- Why one of the most powerful ways to save money is to get out of debt.
- How compound interest should change everything about how you think about money.
- Inflation: the reason that keeping your money in the bank is certain to make it vanish.
- How to manage risk through diversification.
- What the heck the stock market actually is.
- The one simple financial product that's a great starting point for most people: global ETFs.
Music by BenSound and illustrations by Nanna Venter.